A Thoughtful, Personal Holiday Gift Guide for the Art Lover in Your Life
by Dana Mooney
October 24, 2022
When it comes to gift-giving, it's often a challenge to think of something that will be personal and meaningful to the gift-getter. I wanted to share with the you my top choices of artful, handmade gifts that will stand the test of time, and stand out amongst the rest. Here is a list of my top 7 art gifts for the homeowner, home lover, art collector, and special person on your list.
1. My fine art prints are available to order in 4 sizes - each one a standard size, so finding the perfect frame shouldn't be a problem. Starting at $55, this is a more affordable art option for someone who loves to surround themself in beauty, someone who cares about their mental health and wellness, and who appreciates a calming pop of colour on their walls. Shop my selection of 28 giclee art prints here.
2. For the home lover, the home body, the person you share a bed with... or anyone that appreciates a bedroom sanctuary, I highly recommend my hand painted linen pillow shams, created in collaboration with Flax Home. A super limited batch with only a few sets left, don't wait to score these unique and practical bedding accents for just $150/set of 2.
3. Ceramic vessels. Everyone can find use and beauty in these each one of a kind, hand crafted and hand painted ceramic vases. Designed to be multipurpose, or displayed as decor on their own, I'm sure that these will be well loved and cherished when unwrapped this holiday season. $80 each.
4. Looking to round out that gift a little bit more? If you're lucky, you can still purchase one of my 3 gift bundles, featuring a ceramic vessel paired with one of my top selling 9" x 12" art prints. And bonus - these bundles come with a set-in savings of $55.
5. If this year has brought change in one's home, perhaps they have downsized or moved on from a family home to something new, or maybe a favourite nostalgic vacation cabin brings fond memories, then my custom watercolours are the perfect gift idea. I'm not kidding when I say this will bring on the waterworks. Truly heartfelt, emotional and personal, you can place an order here and if you order before Dec. 1 you will have it in hand to give on Christmas morning. 8" x 10", $250.
5.b) Another tear inducing (in a good way) gift is without fail, my custom ultrasound watercolour paintings. If you or someone you know is expecting in the New Year, I promise this will add to the excitement and become a cherished piece of artwork for years to come. 5" x 7", $75.
6. Almost last - but actually maybe the most dreamy gift idea, is an original piece of artwork. Whether it's a custom order (book yours before the Holidays to secure your spot in the New Year), or one of my ready-made paintings on canvas, I am happy to help you choose the right piece to surprise her with. How fun would it be to hang it on the wall with a big bow and call it a Christmas to remember when she wakes up to the new painted view? I've curated a few of my favourite giftable paintings here. Get in touch with any questions you may have about purchasing original artwork.
7. Finally, I did it. Never offered before, I'm joining the digital gift card club. You can now purchase a gift card through my website, and leave the choices upto your person. Because I get it - choosing art for someone else is actually not easy. Available in denominations of $50, $100, $250, $500 and $1000, there's something for every budget.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart in choosing to support my artwork, my livelihood, my humble family life and my art practice.